Thy Will Be Done

Today is the first day of April, which means we have officially entered the month in which we leave! I took a deep shaky breath on March 16th when I realized I had a month. But today, I embrace it with arms thrown into the air and a big smile on my face. A: because I'm excited, and B: because I'm a lot more ready now. Shots done, Letter to the bank, Scrubs bought, Gifts bought, Bags semi-packed. Oh yeah, and My Last Will and Testament written.

Mine was pretty short and sweet, a text message to my best friend Katie saying.

Hey, I need to write my will before I go to South Africa. This is it: If I die, you get my Mac. Save this text.

Oh, the epitome of lame. I know. But the thing is I don't have that much to leave behind. With the exception of my small amount of Credit Card Debt, and my very expensive laptop...which has been known to help Katie out with her Teaching Homework for OU.

It's not that I don't take death seriously, or think that I am invincible. It's just that I'm really not that scared of it. If I die, I go home. To be with God, my maker and all of those who came before me. I'm pretty fierce about guarding the ones I love, and loving them way too much here on earth. So I can only imagine I would make a formidable Guardian Angel.

But in all seriousness, I trust God.

It's a heavy statement. Try saying it out loud. I trust God. And when he wants me where he wants me I will go. Faithfully. Fearlessly. Even out of this world.

Maybe, its the Easter season. Maybe it's my limited knowledge of the Bible. But I am posting from the Message version of John 14:1-7.

Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father's home. If that weren't so, would I have told you that I'm on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I'm taking."

5Thomas said, "Master, we have no idea where you're going. How do you expect us to know the road?"

6-7Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him. You've even seen him!"


So anyway, the point of today's post: Write Your Will! and Happy Easter :)

No comments:

South Africa Stats

  • an average 15 yo South African has a 50% chance of dying from AIDS
  • 30 - 60% of the Kwa-Zulu Nation is HIV Positive
  • 2010 projection of 2.5 million HIV orphans
  • 50,000 new AIDS cases each month

Site Feed - Stay Current

Waiting for the Clinic to Open

Waiting for the Clinic to Open