'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

This past week I submitted my letter to my principal, Mr. M., for approval to have time off during the school year. As I delivered the letter to his office I said one last prayer -

"Dear Lord - if it be Your will that I have the privilege to serve in South Africa again Lord - I would be honored to do so. And Lord, please let there be no typos in my letter."
As I dropped off the letter, Mr. M. was on his way to give a tour to some visitors at the school. He proceeded to tell me that he had included that we "even have a teacher who travels to Africa" on the poster for Monday's 7th and 8th grade parent night. Could it be a sign that God had already answered my prayer?

Beside my deep desire to return to South Africa and the impeccable timing of the trip with my spring break, I felt like I was starting to hear God say, "Yes - It is My will." Then, tonight, I heard Him speak again. My dear friend, D, celebrated my birthday with me and she gave me a beautiful book titled "The Sings My Soul." The book has 150 of the world's greatest hymn stories. I was so excited because not only do I love hymns - I love the stories behind them. It is so great to have this resource and be able to tell these stories as a worship leader. Anyhow, I flipped the book to pages 210 &211 and the story of "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" (one of my fav's) was staring me straight in the face. The story behind this hymn originates with Louisa M. R. Stead; a woman who ended up living a life she hadn't quite expected. It was marked by unexpected turns, great sorrow, and the call to be a missionary in *surprise* South Africa.

God, I am trusting that You want me to serve again in the heart of Zululand.

Just to rest upon his promise; Just to know "Thus saith the Lord."

No comments:

South Africa Stats

  • an average 15 yo South African has a 50% chance of dying from AIDS
  • 30 - 60% of the Kwa-Zulu Nation is HIV Positive
  • 2010 projection of 2.5 million HIV orphans
  • 50,000 new AIDS cases each month

Site Feed - Stay Current

Waiting for the Clinic to Open

Waiting for the Clinic to Open