Yes, Without a Doubt, Yes

"Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is
missing." Isaiah 40: 26

I chose this quote last year, because it reminded me that God wasn't surprised that I went to serve His people of eSikhawini, South Africa. He knew each and every person, who was of greatest need, and directed us to share God's love with them. That was His divine purpose for us, and it was the mission in which we accomplished. I didn't go to eSikhawini for personal reasons, it was just where I knew that God needed me to be.

While preparing for our trip, a co-worker once asked, "Do you really think that you can make a difference in their lives, in just two weeks?" My answer was, "Yes, absolutely, without a doubt, yes." We might be the only medical professionals that these people see for a year, or ever. But God just needs their attention of a moment, to share His eternal love. And on this mission, I believe that our team was the vessel for carrying such a message of God's love.

Once in eSikhawini, South Africa, I found it to be a truly remarkable place; they have seen war, terror, famine, drought, and death, yet they still lift their eyes to heaven, and raise their voices singing songs of praise to God. Truth be told, we have so much more to learn from the people of eSikhawini. It is for these reasons, that eSikhawini will always hold a special place in my heart, and it is why I am returning in 2008.

For every person who has made the statement, "Some day I want to do something like that." I encourage you to, "Get up and Go!" Don't just sit around waiting for the opportunities to come to you, go out and find where God needs you to be. Trust me, He won't be surprised at where you end up. He will be grateful that your there serving His people.

-Truly-
Katie
Medical Outreach Team 2007 & 2008
eSikhawini, South Africa

No comments:

South Africa Stats

  • an average 15 yo South African has a 50% chance of dying from AIDS
  • 30 - 60% of the Kwa-Zulu Nation is HIV Positive
  • 2010 projection of 2.5 million HIV orphans
  • 50,000 new AIDS cases each month

Site Feed - Stay Current

Waiting for the Clinic to Open

Waiting for the Clinic to Open